Thursday, March 25, 2010


First I work simple shapes onto the grid. Just follow your flow. I go back and work in more detail later. I go back many times, as the mandala usually speaks for itself, and it is like working layers into a piece of art. Everytime you finish one layer, you can see where to start with the next one. So start simple and just sketch in some shapes. I do them in pencil, as I will change a shape into something more detailed or overlap a new shape over the existing one. Sometimes the shapes are simply a frame for a more detailed drawing.

1 Comments:

At April 17, 2010 at 7:49 PM , Blogger christine said...

hi, jane! i found you on flickr and swore your mandalas were computer generated. i cannot stop staring at them! they are breathtaking! this process is one i never tried. i get distractedeasily and don't want to conform - but i want to try this, thanks for sharing!!!
(if you would like to chat about pens, please email me hopemums yahoo dot)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home